BOTM Artisan Soaps
Kim Blease trading as Barmby on the Marsh Artisan Soaps; any day where banks in London are open to carry out business;
At BOTM Artisan Soaps we ensure the protection of our customers is a priority. In accordance with the legislative guidelines of the EU Cosmetic regulations 1223/2009. All our recipes have a valid cosmetic assessment completed by Colin Sanders of Colin’s Cosmetic Consultancy Ltd. Furthermore, all our recipes are registered on the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (“CPNP”), the portal was created to support the EU Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009 and ultimately provide customers with greater protection. Whilst the CPNP is not open to the public it is a valuable tool for Trading Standards and toxicologists.
These Terms apply to transactions between BOTM Artisan Soaps and any Customer. It is at the sole discretion of BOTM Artisan Soaps to amend these Terms without notice.
Purchasing and delivery
When purchasing Products from our Website, please allow 2 (two) Business Days for despatch and a further 2-7 (two to seven) working days for delivery. We make a promise that all Products will be quality checked before despatch and only once satisfied will despatch occur.
Delivery of Products will be by the Royal Mail standard second class, with delivery expected between 2-7 (two to seven) days from despatch. It is our opinion that the Royal Mail offers security, peace of mind about the care of our Products and value for money. Currently we do not deliver outside of the UK mainland.
- Products with an aggregate value of £20 or less will incur a charge of £3.00 for postage in addition to the total cost of the purchased product(s). BOTM Artisan Soaps will retain proof of postage.
- Products with an aggregate value between £20-£60 will be delivered via Royal Mail standard recorded delivery at a cost of £4.50 for postage in addition to the total cost of the purchased Product(s). It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to ensure that they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- Orders with an aggregate value between £60-£100 will be delivered via the Royal Mail standard recorded delivery at no additional cost. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered by a 24-hour courier service at a cost of £10.00 in addition to the Customer. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- The Customer can request the Package be left in a safe place if no person is available to accept safe receipt (the “Safe Place”). The Package will be considered delivered once it has been left at the Safe Place as requested by the Customer. BOTM Artisan Soaps hold no legal responsibility for any loss or damage sustained to any Package once it has been delivered to the Safe Place as requested by the Customer.
- Any Package that is returned to BOTM Artisan Soaps by the Customer (the “Returned Product”) will not be redelivered. The order will be cancelled and any monies paid by the Customer for the Returned Product will be fully refunded to the Customer.
- BOTM Artisan Soaps cannot accept any responsibility for delivery delays caused by the Royal Mail or any third party.
BOTM Artisan Soaps reserve the right to change the method of delivery at any time. The Customer will be notified of any changes via the Website.
Should your delivery be urgently required please contact us directly and we will be only too happy to discuss this with you and where possible endeavour to accommodate your urgent needs.
The Product information provided regarding the description of the individual soaps is an accurate reflection. However, we ask that Customers remain mindful that our soaps are handmade in small individual batches and therefore will have some variation in colour and design between batches.
Some Products contain nut oils. It is the Customer’s responsibility to check if these have been used and to self-care as required. The labelling includes allergens contained within the Product. It is the Customer’s responsibility to be aware of the indicated allergens as per the labelling and act as required to ensure good health. Whilst BOTM Artisan Soaps will endeavour to indicate the possible side effects to individuals with specific conditions, (e.g. during pregnancy it is advisable to avoid cinnamon, clary sage, nutmeg, clove, basil, juniper, rose, and thyme essential oils) it is ultimately the responsibility of Customers to satisfy themselves that the Products are suitable for themselves or those they are purchasing for.
Product labelling and quality
As per the legal requirements of the EU Cosmetic regulations 1223/2009, the ingredients within the Products are labelled using the INCI wording/method, if you are unsure and you require more clarity, we are happy to respond to email queries/questions.
Using your Soap
Our Products are luxury items. Please store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. After use allow to drain feely on a slatted soap dish. Do not allow to sit in water otherwise your soap will become soft.
Avoid any direct contact with eyes. If you are unfortunate enough to get it in your eyes, irrigate with warm water.
Prior to use, we advise you test a small amount of soap on a small area of skin. If you suffer any irritation, stop using immediately.
Our Products are for external use only. Do not eat. We would welcome any feedback regarding any irritation caused. As our Products are natural soap they may cause staining of pale coloured fabrics.
Once open, use within 6 (six) months as per the labelling advice.
Returns and cancellation
Although it is the law, we are happy to provide a 7 (seven) day returns policy. If you are unhappy with any of our Products we request that you inform us in writing within 7 (seven) days of receiving the Product. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure Products are stored appropriately whilst they are in the possession of the Customer.
Any returned Products must be returned to BOTM Artisan Soaps (in the same condition as the Customer received them) by no later than 20 (twenty) Business Days from the Purchase Date at their Trading Address matching the deliver method, which the Products were delivered to the Customer by BOTM Artisan Soaps (the “Delivery Method”).
It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure all Products are used appropriately. BOTM Artisan Soaps holds no responsibility for any inappropriate use.
Customer service and payment
Online payment is made via Stripe payment. It is our opinion that Stripe provides the high level of security we demand for our Customers. Ensuring Customer information is secure and anti-fraud technology is utilised and updated as a matter of routine. Stripe supports all major debit and credit cards. Once payment is received you will receive email confirmation and your unique reference code.
The total cost of individual items is detailed on our Website, no VAT will be added to the cost of any Products. However, the cost of delivery (as detailed above) is an additional cost at the expense of the Customer.
Wedding favours and guest soaps are available upon request. Please note new bespoke soap recipes require cosmetic assessment under the relevant legislation by a regulation body (“Cosmetic Assessment”). Additional costs will be incurred for any Cosmetic Assessment required. Any costs associated to any Cosmetic Assessment will be agreed and payment made by the Customer prior to any Cosmetic Assessment.
All information is securely stored. BOTM Artisan Soaps do not share or sell any confidential information of any Customers to any third party.