Care of your cold process soap
Cold process soap is a traditionally made, kind and gentle soap, a luxury item. Please allow it to drain freely on a slatted soap dish after use, this will prolong its use. Do not allow it to sit in water otherwise it will become soft. Do not get in your eyes as it will sting. If you are unfortunate to do so wash your eyes in lukewarm water. Any irritation please stop using. Do not eat.
UK cosmetic regulations
We remain proud to be a member of the Guild of Craft Soap & Toiletry Makers. We hope this serves to reassure our commitment to quality, safety, adherence to legislation and a positive experience.
In order to sell cosmetic products the producer MUST abide by a set of regulations to preserve and maintain public safety and confidence. As per current legislation all our products have a full and comprehensive Cosmetic Product Safety Assessment (CPSR), legal documentation completed by a qualified chemist. In our case all our CPSR’s are completed by Colin Sanders of Colin’s Cosmetic Consultancy Ltd. Following Brexit legislation changed within the UK but remains vigorous in order to maintain public safety. All UK beauty products are now required by law to be registered with the Office of Product Safety & Standards (OPSS). Furthermore a designated Responsible Person must be identified and named within product artwork. In our case Kim Blease is the nominated Responsible Person within Barmby on the Marsh Artisan Soaps and as such responsible for:
- Ensuring all products are registered with the Office of Product Safety & Standards.
- Ensuring all products are legally compliant.
- Make relevant information available for public scrutiny if required.
- Identify supply chain and full traceability of all products.
- Maintain up to date labelling, instructions and precautions.
- Liaise with Trading Standards and other relevant bodies as required.
To ensure full traceability of all Barmby on the Marsh Artisan Soap products they all carry either a label or sticker with the following details:
- Full logo details.
- Approximate weight
- Full INCI ingredients & allergens listings.
- Identified Responsible Person within the artwork (to be fully complaint with this by the end of December 2022 as per legislation requirments).
- Full contact details, those being company address and contact number.
- Batch number.
- Use by logo.
- How to use instructions and precautions.
Purchasing and delivery
When purchasing Products from our Website, please allow 3 (three) Business Days for despatch and a further 2-7 (two to seven) working days for delivery. We make a promise that all Products will be quality checked before despatch and only once satisfied will despatch occur.
Delivery of Products will be by nationally recognised courier service, with delivery expected between 2-7 (two to seven) days from despatch. It is our opinion that a nationally recognised courier service offer security, speedy delivery, peace of mind about the care of our Products and value for money. Currently we do not deliver outside of the UK mainland.
- Products with an aggregate value of £12.49 or less will incur a charge of £3.00 for delivery in addition to the total cost of the purchased product(s). BOTM Artisan Soaps will retain proof of postage.
- All Products with an aggregate value over £12.50 will qualify for free delivery. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to ensure that they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- Wholesale orders will also be delivered by a nationally recognised courier service at a cost of £10.00 in addition to the total cost of the Products, payable by the Customer. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- The Customer can request the Package be left in a safe place if no person is available to accept safe receipt (the “Safe Place”). The Package will be considered delivered once it has been left at the Safe Place as requested by the Customer. BOTM Artisan Soaps hold no legal responsibility for any loss or damage sustained to any Package once it has been delivered to the Safe Place as requested by the Customer.
- Any Package that is returned to BOTM Artisan Soaps by the Customer (the “Returned Product”) will not be redelivered. The order will be cancelled and any monies paid by the Customer for the Returned Product will be fully refunded to the Customer.
- BOTM Artisan Soaps cannot accept any responsibility for delivery delays caused by the courier service or any otheradditional party.
BOTM Artisan Soaps reserve the right to change the method of delivery at any time. The Customer will be notified of any changes via the Website.
Should your delivery be urgently required please contact us directly and we will be only too happy to discuss this with you and where possible endeavour to accommodate your urgent needs.