Care of your cold process soap
Cold process soap is a traditionally made, kind and gentle soap, a luxury item. Please allow it to drain freely on a slatted soap dish after use. Do not allow it to sit in water otherwise it will become soft. Do not get in your eyes as it will sting. If you are unfortunate to do so wash your eyes in lukewarm water. Any irritation please stop using. Do not eat.
EU cosmetic regulations
We are proud to be a member of the Guild of Craft Soap & Toiletry Makers. We hope this serves to reassure our commitment to quality, safety, adherence to legislation and a quality experience. In order to sell cosmetic products (and this includes a wide range of products from soaps to balms, lotions to scrubs, bath bombs to serums etc) the producer MUST abide by a set of regulations, defined by law. The reason for this is public safety. The same legislative standards applies to imported products. The legislation in question was previously known as the Cosmetics Products (Safety) Regulations, since replaced by the new EU Regulation 1223/2009 (Cosmetics Regulation) which has been in force since 11 July 2013. It is legislation in force within the European Union. The regulations can be viewed here.
Purchasing and delivery
When purchasing Products from our Website, please allow 2 (two) Business Days for despatch and a further 2-7 (two to seven) working days for delivery. We make a promise that all Products will be quality checked before despatch and only once satisfied will despatch occur.
Delivery of Products will be by the Royal Mail standard second class, with delivery expected between 2-7 (two to seven) days from despatch. It is our opinion that the Royal Mail offers security, peace of mind about the care of our Products and value for money. Currently we do not deliver outside of the UK mainland.
- Products with an aggregate value of £20 or less will incur a charge of £3.00 for postage in addition to the total cost of the purchased product(s). BOTM Artisan Soaps will retain proof of postage.
- Products with an aggregate value between £20-£60 will be delivered via Royal Mail standard recorded delivery at a cost of £4.50 for postage in addition to the total cost of the purchased Product(s). It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to ensure that they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- Orders with an aggregate value between £60-£100 will be delivered via the Royal Mail standard recorded delivery at no additional cost. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- Orders over £100 will be delivered by a 24-hour courier service at a cost of £10.00 in addition to the Customer. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure they are available to accept safe receipt and sign for the Package or nominate a responsible person to act on their behalf.
- The Customer can request the Package be left in a safe place if no person is available to accept safe receipt (the “Safe Place”). The Package will be considered delivered once it has been left at the Safe Place as requested by the Customer. BOTM Artisan Soaps hold no legal responsibility for any loss or damage sustained to any Package once it has been delivered to the Safe Place as requested by the Customer.
- Any Package that is returned to BOTM Artisan Soaps by the Customer (the “Returned Product”) will not be redelivered. The order will be cancelled and any monies paid by the Customer for the Returned Product will be fully refunded to the Customer.
- BOTM Artisan Soaps cannot accept any responsibility for delivery delays caused by the Royal Mail or any third party.
BOTM Artisan Soaps reserve the right to change the method of delivery at any time. The Customer will be notified of any changes via the Website.
Should your delivery be urgently required please contact us directly and we will be only too happy to discuss this with you and where possible endeavour to accommodate your urgent needs.